1. Eat a high protein meal immediately before bed, whether you are hungry or not. Pick a slow digesting protein such as cottage cheese (casein) or whole eggs.
2. Do heavy leg workouts a minimum of 3 times per week.
3. Snack on Almonds or Cashews in between every scheduled meal.
4. Utilize heavy negatives (eccentric emphasis) on all exercises for 2 weeks to encourage hypertrophy.
5. No days off. Seems obvious right? Those “off days” can be utilized for neglected body parts such as abs, calves, forearm, neck…when is the last time you trained your neck? Don’t be a pencil neck bodybuilder. Active rest days are also great times to do high volume bodyweight workouts. One of my favorite? 100 pull ups, 100 push ups and 10 minutes of lunges. Short and sweet.
6. Gainz Shake: Blend: 1.5 scoops Max Effort Muscle Protein, 1 banana, 2T Peanut Butter, 12 oz coconut milk or whole milk. Drink 1-2 of these shakes per day.
7. Add an extra 100 bodyweight reps to the end of each workout, but focus on something you didn’t already work. Leg Day? Crank out 100 chin ups. Chest Day? End with 100 walking lunges before calling it a day.
8. Superset Pushing and Pulling (chest/back) exercises together twice per week.
9. Eat .75-1g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.
10. Try the “heavy high volume” method of supersetting. Instead of doing 15 reps in one set take 3 similar exercises (example: Seated Row, DB row, T-Bar Row) and do 5 reps as heavy as possible on each one, only resting 10-20 seconds between exercises.